Is Your Limbic System in Overdrive?
Review the questions below and answers them as honestly as you can. If you are unsure, ask a loved one or coworker how they experience you and mark their response(s) as
-Not at all;
Area 1: Focusing on pain or body checking:
- Do you find yourself obsessively talking or thinking about what happened?
Area 2: Scanning your environment:
- Do you find yourself scanning your surroundings for potential threats?
- When you experience symptoms of stress, do you look to your environment to try and determine the cause?
- Do you find yourself predicting how you will react (i.e. how long you will be upset or in pain afterwards) if you engage in certain activities or go specific places?
- Do you often predict how others will react?
- Do you avoid situations?
- Do you alter the way that you live in a self-protective manner?
Area 3: Obsessing about fear/pain/anxiety
- Do you find yourself constantly worrying about the future?
- Is most of your self-talk and/or talk with others about what is going on?
Request your complete assessment here.